How to prevent and reduce wrinkles?
Wrinkles are part of the physiological process of skin aging; if there are natural solutions to prevent and visibly reduce them, they cannot be completely avoided (if this were the case, cosmetic surgery would not be so successful).
It is above all important to provide our skin with nutritional elements which will delay aging and keep it hydrated by applying high quality products to it on a daily basis.
Note, there is a difference between so-called dynamic wrinkles and static wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are visible when we laugh or frown, making forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet visible at the corner of our eyes. These wrinkles can appear at an early age and do not necessarily have a link with the aging of the skin. These are the static wrinkles, those that are always visible, that we seek to reduce.
The epidermis is the “outside” and visible part of the skin. It is made up of cells called keratinocytes (keratin cells), its role is to protect the skin from dehydration.
The dermis is located below the epidermis. It is formed of a gelatinous structure in which we find hyaluronic acid, naturally present. The advantage of this protein is that it is able to absorb a lot of water. This is what gives this gelatinous aspect to the dermis.
The dermisis also made up of fibroblasts, it is these cells that make collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycal fibers (skin sugars, on which hyaluronic acid is based). They work at full speed during youth, giving the skin its elasticity, its luscious and plump appearance.
Elastin fibers help keep the skin elastic, supple (prevent the skin from falling out, or loosening) and collagen fibers help keep the skin firm (and therefore prevent wrinkles).
Finally, the hypodermis is made up of lots of small lipid bags. This “fat” will allow the body to maintain its temperature at 37 ° C regardless of the outside temperature.
The hypodermis therefore plays a role in regulating the temperature.
Wrinkles originate in the dermis; the process of creating wrinkles is irreversible, and due to several internal and external factors:
- As the quantity of fibroblasts decreases with age, the skin therefore loses its capacity to regenerate its collagen and elastin fibers, the skin is less firm and loses its elasticity. This fall is the main responsible for the formation of wrinkles, which modify the volume and the contour of the face.
- Over time, the microcirculation loses its efficiency. The fine blood vessels that promote skin regeneration dilate, bringing less oxygen and therefore nutrients. Cells have less oxygen available to them, and therefore produce less collagen and elastin.
- Dry skin: hormones play a key role in the skin aging process, especially in women. The drop in the estrogen level at menopause and the sebaceous and sweat glands becoming less active, are responsible for the drying of the skin of the reduction of the hydrolipidic film,
essential protection of the skin against ultraviolet rays.
Skin aging accelerates with age, but it is not the only factor, our lifestyle also has a great influence:
- Sun exposure (UVA, UVB),
- An inappropriate diet (saturated fat, fast sugars),
- Hormonal changes,
- Poorly adapted or overly aggressive cosmetic treatments
These are free radical generating factors responsible for the premature aging of your skin. (These alter healthy cells and are responsible for accelerated aging of the tissues.)
What to do to prevent and reduce skin aging?
Their role is to neutralize free radicals which destroy living matter. Acting as a shield, they protect, stimulate and repair your skin against free radicals. It allows dull, dehydrated and tired skin to regain radiance and freshness.
Unfortunately, faced with pollution, tobacco and UV rays, etc … our anti-radical defense system can find itself overwhelmed, this is called oxidative stress (too much free radicals a lack of antioxidants).
This imbalance causes inflammation of the epidermis and a drop in the level of elastin and collagen in the dermis, resulting in sagging tissues.
Redness, increased sensitivity, dull complexion, wrinkles, prematurity and dehydration appear which signify the appearance of early aging.
It is therefore important to provide antioxidants to our skin via the cosmetic treatments that we apply and of course, via our diet.
Some advices :
– Use care based on patented extracts targeted for anti-aging like Propolis, for example, which contains waxes, provitamin A, phytosterols, polyphenols, selenium, organic acids, with anti-free radical, anti-wrinkle properties (promotes the synthesis of collagen type I) and moisturizer; or active ingredients which also have an action on firmness such as Spilanthol and Astragalus, which aim to stimulate, reorganize and strengthen the collagen network; Also the patented Grenadier Flower extract, extremely antioxidant.
You will therefore have fewer wrinkles and they will form later and much less quickly.
(These active ingredients are present in Synergy N ° 1 Youth Concentrate)
– Adopt an antioxidant diet
A diet rich in fruits and vegetables (full of vitamin A, C and E, minerals and polyphenols, etc.) and therefore in antioxidants will serve as a shield against these famous free radicals. When it comes to meat and fish, favor fatty fish such as sardines, mackerel, and salmon 2 to 3 times a week. Limit consumption of red meat. For fats, prefer vegetable oils of first pressure to
cold and rich in Omega 3 (flax, olive, nuts, rapeseed, etc.).
Many aromatic herbs and spices have antioxidant properties in addition to enhancing the flavors of a dish.
– Adopt a non-aggressive beauty routine for the skin:
1. Gently cleanse your skin morning and evening (Gentle Facial Cleanser/ Care water for example)
2. Exfoliate regularly,
3. Fight against dehydration and apply a serum on your skin that will help fight against the signs of aging and massage it to promote oxygenation of tissues and stimulate regeneration (see Plant synergies for each skin type)
4. Protect your face from UV rays with an organic sunscreen.
In addition to a specific “Anti Age” synergy, our Synergy n ° 1 Youth Concentrate (with regenerating and protective virtues incorporating patented active ingredients to protect and stimulate the activity of collagen and elastin, and visibly reduce wrinkles), we offer a full range of face and body products that combine several botanical oils with properties protective and different Patented active extracts rich in antioxidants, such as the pomegranate flower extract present in the Synergy n ° 3 Balancing, Synergy n ° 4 Clarifying and Synergy n ° 5 Nourishing and the cork oak extract present in Synergy n ° 2 Soothing.
Targeted and comprehensive care for:
- Preserve the health capital of your skin,
- Prevent the appearance of signs of aging thanks to a wealth of antioxidants.
- Promote skin regeneration,
- Reduce the first wrinkles and prevent them from intensifying
- Fight against loss of firmness by helping the dermis redensify and plump up.